Full-Time Vehicle Engineer (Crawley)
|Company||Brighton & Hove Bus and Coach Company Limited|
|Job expires in||13 days.|
Use the form below to email your application to the employer directly.
You can then track the status of your application through your coachandbusjobs.com account.
Based at Metrobus – Crawley
A vacancy has arisen for an experienced vehicle engineer who will be responsible for undertaking all manner of work required to maintain a fleet of public service vehicles to the Company and VOSA standards and present them for annual test. The role involves working 39 hours per week, current hours are Monday – Thursday 06:00 – 14:30 (06:00 – 13:30 Fridays) then 09:30 – 18:00 Monday – Thursday (09:30 – 17:00 Friday) alternating weekly. These hours might change if the business requires.
The main duties for the role are:
- Carrying out planned maintenance inspections, servicing and mot preparation.
- Quality checking and presenting vehicles for annual test.
- Ensure all paperwork is completed correctly, including but not limited to, 24 hour sheets, running repair records, vehicle defect cards, stores paperwork and maintenance documents
- To adhere to Company policies and be fully aware of their Health & Safety responsibilities and the relevant regulations
We are looking for an individual who has the following:
- A full manual driving licence giving entitlement to drive in the UK. A PCV licence is desirable although if the applicant does not have a PCV licence they must be willing to achieve this
- Relevant recognised engineering qualification including the IRTEC accreditation is preferred
- Previous experience of working with large passenger type vehicles would be an advantage alternatively experience working with commercial vehicles
- A flexible approach with respect of working hours and tasks undertaken
- Good communication and team working skills, able to work with others and build relationships
- Ability to work without close supervision, taking ownership and pride in your work
If you would like to apply for this vacancy, please submit a covering letter outlining your suitability for this post, your current salary and your CV to Chris Leach, Engineering Manager, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications: 6th March 2020
Brighton & Hove Bus and Coach Company Limited is an equal opportunity employer.