Full-Time Quality Manager ISO9001;2015 (Vehicle Engineering Standards) (Perivale)
|Job expires in|
|Job Categories||Director and Operations.|
Use the form below to email your application to the employer directly.
You can then track the status of your application through your coachandbusjobs.com account.
An essential role in the leadership of Quality Management within Metroline Engineering. Embedding Quality into every aspect of project delivery and acting as the focal point for continuous improvement. Ensuring the systematic application of the Quality Management System in line with the objectives required by the Company.
- Act as key liaison between the Engineering Garages and the Quality Team. Implement policies, standards, processes, improvements and initiatives generated by engineering and implementing improvement opportunities;
- Act as the single point of contact for all matters of quality. Responsible for the management and implementation of the Quality Management System (QMS);
- Act as Lead Auditor and implement the Quality Management audit programme. Ensure that the audit programme is robust and provides protection against punitive TfL financial penalties. Manage corrective actions resulting from the audit and QM programme;
- Draft and amend work procedures in line with Company policies. Standardising all engineering and support processes;
- Inspire and motivate staff and encourage teamwork so as to enable staff to utilise their full potential. Use a variety of communication techniques to provide staff with the information they need to improve their performance;
- Deploy resources within the garage, focusing on their area of responsibility to achieve maximum level of performance that is efficient, cost effective and sustainable.
- The duties listed above are not exhaustive.
Essential Criteria for application
- Engineering management experience gained within a transport company;
- Audit Training;
- IOSHH Working Safely and Managing Safely;
- Awareness of Employment Law;
- Advanced level of Word and Excel;
- Proficient in the use of Core and Oracle;
- Fully conversant with investigation and disciplinary procedures.
Competencies & Skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative;
- Ability to develop and maintain good relations with others, both internally and externally;
- Ability to manage your own workload and prioritise tasks effectively;
- A sound working knowledge of bus service operation;
- An understanding of the company’s obligations to TFL;
- Must be PC literate.
Hours of work – 38 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Salary – Competitive
The Equality Act
Metroline is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment with due regard to legal obligations for protected characteristics i.e. age, disability, marriage and civil partnership, gender reassignment, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion and belief, sex and sexual orientation.
How to apply –
Please send a covering letter of application and CV to:
Coral Johnson, Human Resources Administrator, Human Resources, ComfortDelGro House, 329 Edgware Road, Cricklewood, NW2 6JP.
Alternatively, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should include:
- the reasons you are applying for the post
- why you believe you are a suitable candidate
- any relevant qualifications or experience
DEADLINE – 7th June 2019