Full-Time Operations Manager
|Company||Brighton & Hove and Metrobus|
|Job expires in||7 days.|
|Job Location||East Sussex|
Use the form below to email your application to the employer directly.
You can then track the status of your application through your coachandbusjobs.com account.
A vacancy has arisen for an Operations Manager, reporting to the Head of Operations. You will have responsibility for the daily operations the depots performance, including managing staff whilst delivering high quality commercial and contracted bus services. You will responsible for the management of staff, assets and bus services for your depot, to ensure that our services to our customers are safe, reliable and operate were possible within agreed budgets. In addition, your responsibilities will also include:
- Liaising with the engineering department and local authorities to ensure that adequate resources are supplied for the correct and timely services to our customers
- Efficient utilisation of staff, ensuring all staff actions are within the required manner expected by Brighton & Hove
- Local trade union discussion and negotiations
- Assist and support where required the supervisors with the successful daily management of the depot, to achieve the expected targets set out in the annual budget and KPI’s where possible
- Compliance with all employment and PCV legislation
- Handling staff disciplines and grievances
- Working closely with both the Engineering and Commercial teams
- Some financial performance of the depot
- Coaching and developing staff to ensure on-going personal development
You will need to demonstrate proven experience in successfully managing at a similar level, good written and oral communication skills, a willingness to embrace company initiatives, and strong organisational skills. Some experience of controlling and managing budgets will be expected, as will a working knowledge of commonly used computer software.
This position comes with a competitive salary in line with the successful candidates’ experience, along with a range of further benefits.
Please apply in writing, including a covering letter explaining why you would be suitable for this position. Outline relevant examples of your skills and experience along with your current CV and send to, Adrian Tullett, Head of Operations by email to Adrian.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications is close of business 25 October 2019
Brighton & Hove Bus and Coach Company Ltd is an equal opportunities employer