Full-Time Engineering Quality Auditor (Various)
|Job expires in||20 days.|
Use the form below to email your application to the employer directly.
You can then track the status of your application through your coachandbusjobs.com account.
The Engineering Quality Auditor is responsible for carrying out daily inspections and checks of Metroline vehicle maintenance systems on behalf of the Engineering Director. His/ her job is to ensure that all maintenance and repairs of vehicles are carried out to the highest standards and in full compliance with the Company Operator Licences, and in excess of DVSA requirements.
- Quality checks on vehicle maintenance
- Inspecting service records for full compliance with company requirements
- Carry out QC checks on vehicle inspectors
- Assist in programme of inspectors attaining IRTEC level inspection standards
- Working with Quality Team on spot and planned audits;
- Identifying areas of weakness in company vehicle inspectors and assisting the Training Department in setting those persons targets for improvement and recommended training
- Working with the Technical team when an issue becomes evident of a design fault or build issue that could cause non compliance
- Hold a full PCV or HGV licence
- Helping the H&S Manager identify any poor practices or actions that are identified in the maintenance and workshops during visits.
- Assisting in both roadside and in yard spot checks of driver walk round inspections and correct use of the vehicle defect process
Essential Criteria for application
- Must have completed an apprenticeship or hold a recognised qualification in PCV/Heavy vehicle engineering;
- Must hold a valid MOT/FTA / IRTEC inspectors qualification;
- Ideally hold or be working towards an Auditors qualification;
- Demonstrable mechanical engineering knowledge and skills;
- Demonstrable experience working in a PCV environment;
- Computer literate with a sound knowledge of Microsoft Office such as Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Be flexible in start and finish times due to the manner of the work required
Competencies & Skills
- Ability to prioritise workload to meet requirements;
- Flexibility to change priorities and resources quickly to meet the needs of the business;
- Ability to work independently
- Impartiality is essential in this role
- Promotes shared values and has the ability to get the best out of others whilst participating fully;
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing;
- Demonstrate effective listening and questioning to check understanding;
- Works to understand customer needs to meet and exceed expectations;
Hours of work – 38 hours per week, Monday to Friday ( Some flexibility required)
Salary – Competitive
The Equality Act
Metroline is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment with due regard to legal obligations for protected characteristics i.e. age, disability, marriage and civil partnership, gender reassignment, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion and belief, sex and sexual orientation.
How to apply –
Please send a covering letter of application and CV to:
Coral Johnson, Human Resources Administrator, Human Resources, ComfortDelGro House, 329 Edgware Road, Cricklewood, NW2 6JP.
Alternatively, please e-mail email@example.com
Applications should include:
- the reasons you are applying for the post
- why you believe you are a suitable candidate
- any relevant qualifications or experience
Selection – Interview with Engineering Director.
DEADLINE – 7th June 2019