Full-Time Engineering Manager (London)
|Company||Big Bus Tours|
|Job expires in|
|Job Categories||Engineering and Management.|
How to ApplyIf you are interested in this role please visit cezanneondemand.intervieweb.it/bigbustours/jobs/engineering_manager_4977/en/
Use the form below to email your application to the employer directly.
You can then track the status of your application through your coachandbusjobs.com account.
Big Bus Tours is the world’s largest operator of open-top sightseeing tours, fuelling the spirit of adventure in 21 world-famous cities across four continents. Beginning its journey 27 years’ ago, with a fleet of only three buses, Big Bus Tours has swiftly expanded to a global fleet of over 400 hundred open-top buses, turning 5 million tourists into explorers, every year. Big Bus Tours operates in London, Dubai, Hong Kong, New York, Las Vegas, Chicago, Abu Dhabi, Budapest, Istanbul, Miami, Muscat, Rome, Paris, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Darwin, Sydney, Vienna, Washington DC, Dublin and Singapore, with a sightseeing concept designed to provide a flexible approach to city discovery. Each open-top bus tour provides a hop-on, hop-off facility at a variety of interesting locations, with complimentary additions to enhance the visitor sightseeing experience. In February 2015, private equity firm Exponent purchased Big Bus Tours, with a shared vision to make Big Bus Tours the number 1 thing to do in each world-famous city. In 2016, Merlin Entertainments PLC became a shareholder, offering a natural synergy with Big Bus Tours and Merlin attractions and experiences around the world. With entertaining guides and commentary and knowledge of the latest events in each city, the Big Bus City Crew leaves every passenger with a story to tell.
To supervise and manage all engineering resources within the operational workshop to ensure the provision of fit and serviceable vehicles of sufficient number to meet the operational requirements of a 68 vehicle open top sightseeing operation.
Key Areas of Accountability and Responsibility
- Ensure that all staff within the garage fully understand and comply with Company and statutory regulations, with regards to hours of work, health & safety and working practices.
- To manage, support and motivate staff and allocate them accordingly to ensure vehicle quality and service coverage is maintained.
- To ensure vehicles and their records are maintained in accordance with all Company and statutory requirements.
- Ensure that sufficient vehicles are clean, reliable and available throughout the working day for allocation into operational service, to the company standards and provide on the road engineering support for all vehicles.
- Monitor material, utilisation, holding and requirements of the department stores/materials stock.
- Plan and oversee the maintenance of all workshop and site plant, equipment and premises ensuring all HSE legislation is adhered to.
- To act as the competent person in all Health and Safety matters within the engineering sites located in the UK and to produce risk assessments, safe working practices, toolbox talks, PPE provisions along with any other Health and Safety related procedures.
- Manage staff in the performance of their duties providing advice, guidance motivation, high performance levels, leadership and effective management as necessary,
- To provide a high level of technical expertise and support to engineering staff, to ensure their skills and competence levels continually improve, and to identify training needs.
- Monitoring and auditing systems and practices to ensure process are completed
- To fully understand and comply with all Company and statutory regulations relating to hours of work; staff rules, regulations and working practices.
- To attend monthly managers’ meetings reporting to the General Manager
- Produce monthly reports on health and safety, fleet maintenance and safety schedules, vehicle allocation performance ,fleet annual test presentation to DVSA , staffing levels and key projects.
- Transport Engineering City & Guilds / NVQ or associated qualification
- Be experienced in engineering systems, processes and audit procedures – PCV preferred
- Experience in Transport Engineering Management of at least 3 years would be an advantage but not essential
- A good working knowledge of DVSA standards
- Be a strong leader; articulate, personable and able to liaise effectively with a wide range of colleagues and external agencies.
- IOSH/NEBOSH accreditation would be an advantage
- Self-motivated and have the ability to interact with all Big Bus Company managers in an objective and impartial way
- Good communication skills both written and oral
- IT skills (including Microsoft programmes; Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Report writing skills
Working Hours and Conditions
Standard 45 hours, Monday to Friday. However, it is essential that the post holder is able to work flexible hours to ensure deadlines and changes in business demands are met.
How to apply
If you are interested in this role please visit cezanneondemand.intervieweb.it/bigbustours/jobs/engineering_manager_4977/en/