Full-Time Duty Manager (Livingston)
|Company||EMH Bus & Coach|
|Job expires in||22 days.|
|Regions||Borders & South Scotland.|
Use the form below to email your application to the employer directly.
You can then track the status of your application through your coachandbusjobs.com account.
Would you like to work for East-Central Scotland’s largest independent bus and coach operator?
E&M Horsburgh are a family business, founded in 1986 and we are currently recruiting an extremely motivated, dynamic and enthusiastic individual for the position of Duty Manager based at our depot in Livingston.
Do you feel you have the skills to ensure that our services and contracts can operate to the highest possible standards and our customers get the service they require? If so, then you may be just what we need.
The main duties of this role are to supervise the depot run-out, ensure correct, safe, legal and efficient operation of our local bus services and contracts to meet the needs of our customers. You will also coach and support our drivers on a daily basis to maximise their commitment and motivation.
You will be required to work effectively as part of a first line management team, and this will require a high level of self-motivation and an ability to work accurately and effectively under
- Great working knowledge of UK and EU Driver’s Hours regulations
- Good people management skills
- Flexibility regarding working a variety of shifts
- Excellent communication skills
- PC literacy and good knowledge on MS Office and competence in using relevant systems (Coach Manager)
- Valid PCV Licence and DCPC.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure that driving staff always maintain the highest standards of operation in terms of service reliability, punctuality, presentation and customer care in order to maximise the success of the business
- Through effective employee engagement, ensure that staff understand and operate in accordance with the Company’s policies and procedures
- Ensure that driving staff undertake all necessary safety related vehicle checks to the standard required by the Company
- Support our driving team, ensuring that all legal, drivers’ hours and Health & Safety legislation is adhered to at all times
- Ensure adequate resources are in place on a daily basis to allow safe, efficient and reliable operation of the Company’s services and contracts in order to meet our customer’s needs
- Report and keep track of breakdowns, accidents and service related incidents
- Assist the Assistant Operations Manager with appropriate investigations into complaints, accidents or any other incidents, as required
- Always display a proactive and flexible approach and assist management and colleagues as and when necessary
- At all times be an ambassador of E&M Horsburgh.
A competitive renumeration and benefits package is on offer for the right candidate
To apply for this role, please send a CV and covering letter on why you would be suitable for this position to: James McDowall, E&M Horsburgh, 180 Uphall Station Road, Pumpherston, EH53 0PD
Closing Date: Friday 11th October 2019