Looking for your next career adventure?
If you’ve got a PCV licence PC Coaches may have the job for you … like driving, seeing different places and meeting new people then why not be paid to do something you enjoy!!
We are a family run business and have got vacancies for full and part time PCV Drivers at all our depots across Lincolnshire. Whether it be schools, local service work, private hire work or even Tours we have a variety of work we can offer.
AND, even if you haven’t got a PCV licence, … don’t worry, we offer training too!
Come join our team at PC Coaches, Lincolnshire’s Largest Independent Operator.
To apply or find out more, call us on Lincoln 533605 and ask for Sarah or Phil.
WE’RE MOBILISING IN MANCHESTER
Leading bus operator Go-Ahead is coming to Manchester!
We will soon be running over 160 buses from our new Queens Road site. Join us to play a vital, well-rewarded role in our leadership and head o ffi ce teams. From Operations to apprenticeships, you could be part of something new and exciting for our great city…
Senior leadership roles in:
Management roles in:
- Risk & Claims Management
- Marketing & Communications
- Customer Services
- Service Performance
- Contract Management
Technical roles in:
- Network Planning & Scheduling
- Customer Services
For more information and to apply, please visit www.goaheadlondon.com/careers
- Contract: Permanent
- Working Hours: Full-time
- Salary: Up to £34,000 per annum
- Primary Location: Chelmsford
- Closing Date (Period for Applying) – External: 25/03/19
Job summary and Responsibilities
- Essex County Council (ECC) is one of the largest and most dynamic local authorities in the UK, serving a population of 2 million residents, and has a very successful track record of delivering transformational change. ECC anticipated change was needed in the public sector and has worked to deliver better quality at lower cost. We have an ambitious transformation agenda – one with the scope to reach every part of the council. We are changing the way we think, the way we work, and the ways in which we deliver our services. We are committed to becoming a place where individuals, partners and communities feel proud to play their role and genuinely want to belong. We’re immensely proud of our flexible working options.Job Purpose
The Transport Project Lead plays a key role in the Integrated Passenger Transport Unit’s (IPTU) Strategy, Growth, Integration and Infrastructure Teams through the planning and delivery of major projects and initiatives that deliver its integration, commercial and digital priorities for.
- Supporting the development of the county’s bus strategy including leading the development of a new localities-based approach
- Leading the development and promotion of smart ticketing solutions
- Leading oversight of the delivery of the English National Concessionary Travel Scheme (the concessionary bus pass scheme) in Essex including day to day oversight of the scheme and managing the financial and budget process
- Promoting and delivering projects around Accessibility to transport services for people with disabilities
- Liaison with key service providers
- Responding to queries from the public regarding both ECC and more general transport enquiries and complaints
- Offering professional advice (verbal and written) to senior officers and members, preparing briefing and decision papers as required.The role will:
- Work with suppliers, partners and neighbouring authorities to understand and develop local solutions, identifying and resolving issues, identifying and overcoming barriers to ensure effective delivery of key projects.
- Utilise business intelligence and insight to develop and implement projects that support the transport strategy and deliver infrastructure to support a high quality and sustainable transport network , including a new localities based approach
- Use this insight to influence and guide Senior Managers and Members in relation to potential opportunities and financial impact
- Ensure that the IPTU takes an integrated approach to service delivery in order to maximise outcomes across its responsibilities
- Support the teams safe guarding responsibilities in relation to the County Council’s transport provision for children and vulnerable adults
- Support the team’s customer contact role
- Participate in the IPTU’s emergency and continuity planning response duties
- Lead the day to day budget management for concessionary fares in partnership with the IPTU Delivery UnitService/Functional AccountabilitiesThe role will need to develop and use specialist skills, knowledge and experience to:
- Lead major projects to identify and ensure delivery of outcomes, ensuring safeguarding complies with appropriate legislation and regulation and with Council policies
- Utilise specialist skill, knowledge and experience to develop, integrate and deliver passenger transport shaping the public transport network to ensure outcomes are met
- Looking at the implications of the Bus Act 2017 to maximise opportunities to enhance open data and digital information to support service enhancement and reporting mechanisms.
leading the delivery of complex projects designed to enhance levels of service by adopting innovative approaches and developing ways to minimise costs, ensuring compliance with the overall Council strategy
- Seek to safeguard the Council’s contractual and commercial risk including those around the delivery in Essex of the English National Concessionary Travel Scheme (ENCTS)
- Oversee the day to day operation and budget management of the Concessionary Fares Scheme
- Take responsibility for finding innovative approaches to funding local solutions, with an awareness of financial constraints, to maintain key services in partnership with suppliers and key stakeholders
- Be responsible for initiating, developing and securing local transport services to ensure minimum impact on spend and resources in partnership with other stakeholders
- Be responsible for driving and delivering digital and self-serve options with customers to maximise opportunities to effectively integrate and promote services through digital platforms
- Work collaboratively to drive activities that minimise costs to ECC‘s service provision and maximise the benefit to local residents, to ensure local solutions are more cost effective
- Take responsibility for managing the implementation of integration projects to ensure outcomes are met;
o working with colleagues from different teams within ECC
o working with colleagues form other authorities.
o providing recommendations and feedback to senior leaders on potential opportunities
- Develop and maintain business intelligence regarding the passenger transport industry, including legislative, business and technical areas of operation.Specific individual and shared targets and objectives are defined annually within the performance management framework.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Educated to degree level or the equivalent by experience
- Evidence of continuing professional development and expert knowledge in relevant professional area.
- Knowledge of procurement and contract management processes and ensuring compliance.
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills with ability to influence stakeholders and suppliers.
- Evidence of successfully delivering outcomes in in a complex, customer facing environment.
- Experience of delivering public services in a complex, multi-stakeholder environment.
- Evidence of working collaboratively across an organisation and reconciling diverse and competing interests successfully including experience of working in a political environment, skills in understanding and responding to different perspectives and taking a cross organisational perspective.
- To have a good awareness of industry and commercial legislation and current issues.Qualification certificates should be brought to interview.As part of employment with Essex County Council (ECC) should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please go to https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service.Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. More information can be found on https://www.workingforessex.com/benefitsEssex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.
If you have any queries regarding this role, or require anything further, please contact the Essex Recruitment Team on 033 005 83330*
*Calls to this number are charged in the same way as calls to numbers starting 01 or 02, please check with your service provider.
As a leading bus and coach operator within the East Midlands, Redfern Travel provide passenger transport for UK and Continental Tours, Private Hires, School Services and Executive Travel. An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Full Time Assistant Transport Manager with strong organisational skills to liaise with a diverse customer group within our state-of-the-art depot in Mansfield Woodhouse.
Your Role Will Involve –
- Assist the Transport Manager with the daily operations.
- Have a strong understanding of all legislation and compliance associated with transport operations.
- Hold category D or DE driving entitlement and have relevant driving experience.
- Hold a valid Drivers CPC and Tachograph card.
- Have good administration skills.
- People focused management style based around innovation and engagement.
- Have the ability to work under pressure and be confident in resolving fast pace issues that arise within the department.
- Professional attitude but with a firm and fair approach.
- Be meticulous in organisation, planning and record keeping.
- Be compliant in fleet management.
- Assisting with all aspects of Health and Safety and compliance within the department.
- Monitor delivery performance.
- Fully utilitise all resources within the department.
Closing Date for applications Friday 22nd March 2019
Please contact Lee Johnson on 01909 720337 or send your full CV to Lee@johnsonstours.co.uk
Operations Planning Dept
Our mission for Skills is to be the most successful Bus & Coach operator in the UK, setting industry leading standards and recognised as having the “Best Drivers in the World”. With our carefully selected and highly trained staff, that is vibrant, age diverse, highly motivated and focused, along with our modern, impeccably presented fleet, we achieve consistently ambitious standards of customer service. Always exceeding to ensure that we are the number one choice for holidays and transport solutions across the East Midlands.
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced duty planner / scheduler to join our operations planning team. Working directly for the head of operations planning, the successful candidate will be commercially minded, with an excellent geographical knowledge and a keen eye for detail. The environment is extremely pressurised as the target is always moving, to be successful you must be able to keep focused and solve the varied and multiple problems of a live operations environment.
The primary responsibilities are:
- Scheduling driver’s daily work duties across the complete range of services we offer (National Express, Holidays, Day Trips, School Contracts and Private Hires) whilst limiting dead miles between journeys.
- Scheduling the appropriate vehicles to the associated service based on the customer requirements
- Maximisation of both drivers and vehicle utilisation to ensure the most cost-effective operations
- Able to professionally communicate with all members of the operations team including Driver Support Officers, Drivers and Engineers
Essential Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Scheduling experience is a must
- Solid knowledge of EU driving hours regulations
- Excellent geographical knowledge
- Flexibility in working days and times
- Experience using distinctive microsystems (coach manager, VMS)
- PCV licence and experience
Salary and benefits
- Salary starts at £25,000 however is negotiable depending on experience. Working days will be full time Tuesday to Saturday.
- Skills Company Benefits which include a Pension Scheme and Discounts on Holiday bookings for Friends and Family
- If this role is of interest to you please email a recent CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com before 1st March 2019
To lead on public transport policy, strategy, implementation and related operational and management activities.
To support Leicester City Council in operating with creativity and drive for the benefit of Leicester and its people.
Requirements of the post:
- A thorough knowledge and understanding of the legal framework governing the provision of public transport.
- Knowledge and awareness of bus service provision and management including ticketing, information and bus lane enforcement systems and procedures.
- Experience of communicating management reports and information in presentations, reports and verbally.
- Experience of developing policy, strategy and action plans.
- Experience of /managing a team of professionals supervising and coaching/developing other less experienced staff/ partners.
- Experience of using, updating, developing spreadsheet, e-mail, presentations, web, database applications for own/other peoples’ use (Desirable).
For an informal discussion please contact Stuart Maxwell (City Transport Director) on 0116 454 1997 or Julian Heubeck on 0116 454 2832.
For further details and to apply, please visit our website; https://jobs.leicester.gov.uk/jobs/Public-Transport-Team-Leader-251
Please ensure you provide an email address as this is our preferred method of contact.
Closing Date: 13th March 2019
Post Number: X8813 (LCC00120)
Operations controller wanted, up to £28’000 per year. Must be able to deal with day to day running of medium size coach business, PCV licence needed.
To apply for this role please send a CV and Covering Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
PCV Drivers wanted in Watford, best rates in Hertfordshire up to £14 per hour, school contracts and private hire. All vehicle are in general under 3 years old. From 16 seat minibuses up to 70 seat coaches.
To apply for this role please send a CV and Covering Letter to email@example.com
- Salary – Negotiable depending on experience
Sullivan Buses are currently recruiting for the position of Garage Support Assistant to assist with the efficient running of the Operations Department.
The Garage Support Assistant will be responsible for providing support to the Management Team.
Main duties will include:
Opening and closing of the garage on shift rotation
Vehicle allocation in consideration of daily PVR and engineering requirements
Driver allocation via OmniDas
Lost Mileage Coding/MTV
Answering telephones and dealing with enquiries
Dealing with customer complaints/commendations using MS Dynamics including investigation and identification of staff involved
Incident & accident reporting using IRIS and assisting staff with documentation
Checking and collating information from BCES
Providing Hyperion reports as required
Documenting and reporting staff related issues
Computer literacy with knowledge of Excel, Word
Good verbal and written communication skills
PCV Licence desirable but not essential
Organisational skills and the ability to work within set time scale
Closing Date – 1st March 2019
Big Bus Tours is the world’s largest operator of open-top sightseeing tours, fuelling the spirit of adventure in 21 world-famous cities across four continents. Beginning its journey 27 years’ ago, with a fleet of only three buses, Big Bus Tours has swiftly expanded to a global fleet of over 400 hundred open-top buses, turning 5 million tourists into explorers, every year. Big Bus Tours operates in London, Dubai, Hong Kong, New York, Las Vegas, Chicago, Abu Dhabi, Budapest, Istanbul, Miami, Muscat, Rome, Paris, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Darwin, Sydney, Vienna, Washington DC, Dublin and Singapore, with a sightseeing concept designed to provide a flexible approach to city discovery. Each open-top bus tour provides a hop-on, hop-off facility at a variety of interesting locations, with complimentary additions to enhance the visitor sightseeing experience. In February 2015, private equity firm Exponent purchased Big Bus Tours, with a shared vision to make Big Bus Tours the number 1 thing to do in each world-famous city. In 2016, Merlin Entertainments PLC became a shareholder, offering a natural synergy with Big Bus Tours and Merlin attractions and experiences around the world. With entertaining guides and commentary and knowledge of the latest events in each city, the Big Bus City Crew leaves every passenger with a story to tell.
To supervise and manage all engineering resources within the operational workshop to ensure the provision of fit and serviceable vehicles of sufficient number to meet the operational requirements of a 68 vehicle open top sightseeing operation.
Key Areas of Accountability and Responsibility
- Ensure that all staff within the garage fully understand and comply with Company and statutory regulations, with regards to hours of work, health & safety and working practices.
- To manage, support and motivate staff and allocate them accordingly to ensure vehicle quality and service coverage is maintained.
- To ensure vehicles and their records are maintained in accordance with all Company and statutory requirements.
- Ensure that sufficient vehicles are clean, reliable and available throughout the working day for allocation into operational service, to the company standards and provide on the road engineering support for all vehicles.
- Monitor material, utilisation, holding and requirements of the department stores/materials stock.
- Plan and oversee the maintenance of all workshop and site plant, equipment and premises ensuring all HSE legislation is adhered to.
- To act as the competent person in all Health and Safety matters within the engineering sites located in the UK and to produce risk assessments, safe working practices, toolbox talks, PPE provisions along with any other Health and Safety related procedures.
- Manage staff in the performance of their duties providing advice, guidance motivation, high performance levels, leadership and effective management as necessary,
- To provide a high level of technical expertise and support to engineering staff, to ensure their skills and competence levels continually improve, and to identify training needs.
- Monitoring and auditing systems and practices to ensure process are completed
- To fully understand and comply with all Company and statutory regulations relating to hours of work; staff rules, regulations and working practices.
- To attend monthly managers’ meetings reporting to the General Manager
- Produce monthly reports on health and safety, fleet maintenance and safety schedules, vehicle allocation performance ,fleet annual test presentation to DVSA , staffing levels and key projects.
- Transport Engineering City & Guilds / NVQ or associated qualification
- Be experienced in engineering systems, processes and audit procedures – PCV preferred
- Experience in Transport Engineering Management of at least 3 years would be an advantage but not essential
- A good working knowledge of DVSA standards
- Be a strong leader; articulate, personable and able to liaise effectively with a wide range of colleagues and external agencies.
- IOSH/NEBOSH accreditation would be an advantage
- Self-motivated and have the ability to interact with all Big Bus Company managers in an objective and impartial way
- Good communication skills both written and oral
- IT skills (including Microsoft programmes; Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Report writing skills
Working Hours and Conditions
Standard 45 hours, Monday to Friday. However, it is essential that the post holder is able to work flexible hours to ensure deadlines and changes in business demands are met.
How to apply
If you are interested in this role please visit cezanneondemand.intervieweb.it/bigbustours/jobs/engineering_manager_4977/en/