Engineer yourself a great opportunity….
Arriva isn’t just one of the biggest transport organisations in the area. We’re one of the biggest in Europe, which means more opportunities for you. We have 750 buses and over 1900 employees in the Midlands area alone.
Engineers are an essential part of our team who ensure that all our vehicles are in safe and roadworthy condition for our customers. People are our priority; being on time every time means that our customers will travel with us time after time.
We are looking to recruit a talented Skilled Shift Engineer with great customer focus who can deliver fantastic results at our Telford depot. The successful applicant will already be experienced within motor vehicle engineering with a C&G Level 3 or equivalent NVQ qualification. Knowledge of either PCV/LGV would be an advantage. You will also possess excellent diagnostic skills and be a good communicator as there is emphasis on team working. Familiarity of the D.V.S.A requirements would be desirable. A full UK driving licence is essential and a PCV licence is advantageous.
This position requires shift working on a 5 over 7 basis; day shift, early shift and late shift with a guaranteed 39 hours per week and the possibility of overtime.
In return we offer:
- Competitive rates of pay
- Company pension scheme (including the option to join the Final Salary Pension scheme, subject to terms and conditions)
- Good overtime opportunities
- Up to 28 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Variety of training and development opportunities
- Free bus travel for yourself, partner and eligible children
- Childcare voucher scheme and access to “The Village” – on-line discounts and offers with leading retailers
Interested candidates should apply in writing by sending their CV and covering letter, quoting job reference TD-SSE-0118 to Peter Graybrook, Engineering Manager, Arriva Midlands, Unit F Stafford Park 18 Stafford Park, Telford, Shropshire, TF3 3BN or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org