Due to an internal promotion, we are looking for an enthusiastic and committed colleague to fill the role of Commercial and Planning Officer for Oxford Bus Company, Thames Travel and Carousel Buses. This role is based at our Didcot Depot and reports to the Commercial Manager, Thames Travel and Carousel Buses.
Suitable applicants will be looking to further develop their career in scheduling, planning and/or the bus industry. You will need to be able to work within a team but also independently to fixed deadlines. Accuracy and a methodical approach are essential to ensure that data, schedules and mileage information is produced in partnership with our Planning and Commercial Managers. You must be computer literate and competent in using Microsoft Word and Excel. Experience of Omnibus Suite scheduling software is desirable but not essential as full training will be given.
A degree level qualification is preferable, though previous experience within a complex scheduling or planning or transport role may be considered.
This role is extremely important to the successful planning of the timetables for our vehicles and an attention to detail along with the ability to analyse the practical application of plans will be essential.
We offer a competitive salary, dependant on experience, as well as benefits including a free bus pass for you and a partner. Relocation assistance will also be considered.
For a full job description, please contact the Admin Office at Oxford Bus Company, Cowley House, Watlington Road, Oxford OX4 6GA or email email@example.com.
Deadline – 17th June 2019
We are currently looking for a professional engineer to lead our maintenance team responsible for 120 vehicles based at our Cowley depot in Oxford. This is an exciting opportunity for a fully committed engineer to demonstrate their ability to consistently deliver the excellence our customers expect.
Stagecoach in Oxfordshire operates one of the most modern ﬂeets in the country and includes in its portfolio the highly successful and innovative Oxford Tube coach service connecting Oxford with London.
Reporting to the Service Delivery Director you will need to be able to communicate effectively at all levels. Ideally you will have experience of a large ﬂeet operation with a proven track record of team building, staff engagement and strong leadership. The ability to plan, prioritise and motivate all workshop activities is essential along with a progressive attitude towards Health and Safety culture. Working at all times to the highest standards with an acute attention to detail are key attributes that this position demands.
For more information visit stagecoachbus.com/driveoxford
or send your covering letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 30th June 2019
Transport Manager PSV
We are continually looking for professionally qualified Transport Managers both National & International Nationwide.
Earning Additional Income
Using your Professional Qualification
Working Part-time/If you have available time during the week
All Work & Payment Direct with the Operator
The Traffic Commissioner recognises the role of the part-time Transport Manager as a key aspect of any Operator Licence where a full-time person is not employed.
Any Operator Licence used for “Hire & Reward” must have a qualified Transport Manager to support the Licence.
This person must be of good repute and acceptable to the Traffic Office.
Previous history on Operator Licenses
Information on any current Operator Licenses
Convictions (including 5-year history of Motoring convictions)
Adverse Financial History e.g. Bankruptcy or Administration
Attendance to any Public Inquiries
Time available to Support any Operator Licenses
Original Qualification Certificates
If you have any further questions or wish to call from time to time for an update we will be pleased to hear from you.
Oxford Bus Company and its sister companies Thames Travel and Carousel Buses are successful businesses operating local buses across Oxford City, Oxfordshire and Buckinghamshire and express coaches to London, Heathrow and Gatwick Airports.
Due to the expansion of our scheduling team based in Oxfordshire, we are recruiting for an enthusiastic and committed colleague to join us as a Commercial and Planning Officer. This role will ensure successful planning of the timetables for our vehicles and an attention to detail along with the ability to analyse the practical application of these plans will be essential.
You will work both within a team and independently to fixed deadlines and will do this in line with the company’s values. Working in partnership with our Planning and Commercial Managers, you will bring accuracy and a methodical approach to ensure that data, schedules and mileage information is produced timeously. You must be computer literate and competent in using Microsoft Word and Excel. Experience of Omnibus Suite scheduling software is desirable but not essential as full training will be given.
A degree level qualification is preferable though previous experience within a complex scheduling or planning or transport role may be considered. Applicants will be looking to further develop their career in scheduling, planning and/or the bus industry.
In return, we offer a competitive salary in the region of £30,000 based on experience, with benefits including a free bus pass for you and a partner. Relocation assistance will also be considered.
Stagecoach in Oxfordshire operates one of the most modern fleets in the country and includes in its portfolio the highly successful and innovative Oxford Tube coach service.
We are currently looking for two experienced engineers to assist in the smooth running of our busy workshop. Reporting to the Fleet Engineer your main goal will be to provide a safe, reliable and well presented fleet for daily operations.
An ability to motivate members of the engineering team in order to maximise productivity whilst nurturing a safe working environment is essential.
If you feel that you are equipped to take on one of these challenging roles we can offer you in return a career path with an attractive remuneration package of circa £40k.
Scheduling and Network Planning officer
Up to £28,000 (depending on experience)
Hours: FT (39 hours per week)
Holidays: 25 days plus public holidays
Reporting to the Commercial Manager, you will work within the small commercial team at the company head office in Oxford.
You will be responsible for producing cost effective schedules and driver rosters for both local services in Oxfordshire and the Oxford Tube. Using the data made available through AVL tracking software and other sources, you will provide reports and recommendations to the Commercial Manager and management team support the network and timetable planning.
• To produce cost effective schedules, with the aid of computerised schedules programmes, and Driver rotas for all current and any future Stagecoach in Oxfordshire and Oxford Tube operations.
• To take a proactive approach to consistently review all the existing schedules, this may include completing route surveys and analyzing our AVL data
• To support the managers and company directors by providing information to assist in meetings they have with external bodies regarding service planning and schedules.
• Take an active role in monitoring the operation of services and reviewing as appropriate, eg, running time, lost mileage and report areas of concern.
• To produce revised timetable information to be used in customer communications within the company timescales
• Ensuring accurate digital information is available for passengers
• Maintaining mileage reports
• An understanding of bus scheduling with at least 3 years experience in the bus industry(external applicants version only)
• Ability to use Excel to analyse data
• An understanding of AVL and it’s importance as a tool for planning and scheduling cost effective schedules and timetables
• Strong computing skills with the ability to pick up new software/ tasks quickly
• Ability to communicate your thoughts and suggestions in a productive and professional manner
• Logical mind that is able to tackle unexpected challenges quickly
• Flexible approach
• Strong mathematical and numeracy skills
• Experience of Trapeze, Grampian and EP Morris is desired but not essential to the right candidate
• Enthusiasm and knowledge for the industry
This position has no supervisory responsibilities. However, this position does involve communicating to people both inside and outside of the company and may also involve discussing changes with the local Union representatives.
Minimum Education Level
A degree level qualification is preferable though previous experience within a transport role will be considered on individual merit.
• Employee must be in possession of a full, current driving licence
WJF Technical Support Limited are a premium engineering support company fulfilling contracts nationally in the UK and abroad. We work currently in the bus, HGV and military sectors and hold a strong reputation as a responsible employer in the engineering field.
We are currently looking for highly experienced and skilled HGV mechanics for contracts across the UK, on a wide range of vehicles including municipal-type work.
Successful candidates will ideally have served a recognised apprenticeship and have at least five years experience beyond that. Working in a busy environment, applicants will be safety conscious and will be expected to demonstrate a high degree of mechanical knowledge on a variety of vehicles.
Working hours will be approx. 40 per week on either a normal day shift or possible late shift with hourly rates adjusted to suit where applicable.
Must be able to work on wide range of vehicles including; RCV’s, tippers, Terberg, vans etc.
Evidence of formal training essential.
Good rates of pay available for qualifying candidates.
Maintain HGV’s and diesel equipment by completing inspections and preventative maintenance requirements; correcting vehicle deficiencies; making adjustments and alignments; keeping records.
* Determine vehicle condition by conducting inspections and diagnostic tests; identifying worn and damaged parts.
* Keep equipment available for use by completing preventive maintenance schedules; installing component and part upgrades.
* Correct vehicle deficiencies by removing, repairing, adjusting, overhauling, assembling, disassembling, and replacing major assemblies, sub-assemblies, components, parts, or systems, such as fuel, emission, brake, steering and hydraulics.
* Verify vehicle performance by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems.
* Comply with legal vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety, and combustion control standards.
* Maintain vehicle records by annotating services and repairs.
* Enhance maintenance department and organisation reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Mechanical Inspection, Technical Understanding, Attention to Detail, Dependability, Thoroughness, Verbal Communication, Documentation Skills, Job Knowledge