As a leading bus and coach operator within the East Midlands, Redfern Travel provide passenger transport for UK and Continental Tours, Private Hires, School Services and Executive Travel. An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Full Time Assistant Transport Manager with strong organisational skills to liaise with a diverse customer group within our state-of-the-art depot in Mansfield Woodhouse.
Your Role Will Involve –
- Assist the Transport Manager with the daily operations.
- Have a strong understanding of all legislation and compliance associated with transport operations.
- Hold category D or DE driving entitlement and have relevant driving experience.
- Hold a valid Drivers CPC and Tachograph card.
- Have good administration skills.
- People focused management style based around innovation and engagement.
- Have the ability to work under pressure and be confident in resolving fast pace issues that arise within the department.
- Professional attitude but with a firm and fair approach.
- Be meticulous in organisation, planning and record keeping.
- Be compliant in fleet management.
- Assisting with all aspects of Health and Safety and compliance within the department.
- Monitor delivery performance.
- Fully utilitise all resources within the department.
Closing Date for applications Friday 22nd March 2019
Please contact Lee Johnson on 01909 720337 or send your full CV to Lee@johnsonstours.co.uk
Operations Planning Dept
Our mission for Skills is to be the most successful Bus & Coach operator in the UK, setting industry leading standards and recognised as having the “Best Drivers in the World”. With our carefully selected and highly trained staff, that is vibrant, age diverse, highly motivated and focused, along with our modern, impeccably presented fleet, we achieve consistently ambitious standards of customer service. Always exceeding to ensure that we are the number one choice for holidays and transport solutions across the East Midlands.
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced duty planner / scheduler to join our operations planning team. Working directly for the head of operations planning, the successful candidate will be commercially minded, with an excellent geographical knowledge and a keen eye for detail. The environment is extremely pressurised as the target is always moving, to be successful you must be able to keep focused and solve the varied and multiple problems of a live operations environment.
The primary responsibilities are:
- Scheduling driver’s daily work duties across the complete range of services we offer (National Express, Holidays, Day Trips, School Contracts and Private Hires) whilst limiting dead miles between journeys.
- Scheduling the appropriate vehicles to the associated service based on the customer requirements
- Maximisation of both drivers and vehicle utilisation to ensure the most cost-effective operations
- Able to professionally communicate with all members of the operations team including Driver Support Officers, Drivers and Engineers
Essential Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Scheduling experience is a must
- Solid knowledge of EU driving hours regulations
- Excellent geographical knowledge
- Flexibility in working days and times
- Experience using distinctive microsystems (coach manager, VMS)
- PCV licence and experience
Salary and benefits
- Salary starts at £25,000 however is negotiable depending on experience. Working days will be full time Tuesday to Saturday.
- Skills Company Benefits which include a Pension Scheme and Discounts on Holiday bookings for Friends and Family
- If this role is of interest to you please email a recent CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com before 1st March 2019