Bus Operations – Manchester
We will soon be running over 160 buses from our new site on the Queens Road, Manchester and are looking for an experienced Head of Engineering to join the senior leadership team and help us grow the business.
You will have excellent communication skills and be an analytical thinker and problem solver. This is a great opportunity to be part of something exciting, and in return you’ll receive a competitive salary based on your experience.
With responsibility for garage and company H&S, you will be planning and executing engineering strategies and initiatives to ensure the ﬂeet is maintained to the highest standard of safety and reliability and in compliance to all legal, regulatory and company requirements.
With a track record of leading a similar sized engineering function, preferably in the bus industry, relevant qualiﬁcations would be desirable.
To apply please visit our careers page at: www.goaheadlondon.com/careers
WE’RE MOBILISING IN MANCHESTER
Leading bus operator Go-Ahead is coming to Manchester!
We will soon be running over 160 buses from our new Queens Road site. Join us to play a vital, well-rewarded role in our leadership and head o ffi ce teams. From Operations to apprenticeships, you could be part of something new and exciting for our great city…
Senior leadership roles in:
Management roles in:
- Risk & Claims Management
- Marketing & Communications
- Customer Services
- Service Performance
- Contract Management
Technical roles in:
- Network Planning & Scheduling
- Customer Services
For more information and to apply, please visit www.goaheadlondon.com/careers
Transport Manager PSV
We are continually looking for professionally qualified Transport Managers both National & International Nationwide.
Earning Additional Income
Using your Professional Qualification
Working Part-time/If you have available time during the week
All Work & Payment Direct with the Operator
The Traffic Commissioner recognises the role of the part-time Transport Manager as a key aspect of any Operator Licence where a full-time person is not employed.
Any Operator Licence used for “Hire & Reward” must have a qualified Transport Manager to support the Licence.
This person must be of good repute and acceptable to the Traffic Office.
Previous history on Operator Licenses
Information on any current Operator Licenses
Convictions (including 5-year history of Motoring convictions)
Adverse Financial History e.g. Bankruptcy or Administration
Attendance to any Public Inquiries
Time available to Support any Operator Licenses
Original Qualification Certificates
If you have any further questions or wish to call from time to time for an update we will be pleased to hear from you.
Vehicle Technician / Mechanic
Salary c£28k + shift & disturbance allowance
Our client runs a range of transport services including buses, trains, coaches, waterbuses and airport-related transport services. With operations in the Europe and the UK, they provide more than 2.2 billion passenger journeys every year.
Their engineers are fundamental to the smooth operation of their business as they keep the wheels going round – literally!
They are looking for engineering professionals who can keep their bus fleet in first-class condition. This is an exciting opportunity as it’s a mobile role where you could be placed in any depot across the UK for specific periods of time. The role requires excellent diagnostic skills, and the ability to work well as part of the engineering and wider depot teams.
Responsibilities and requirements:-
• You will provide engineering support to identified depots and drive continuous improvement in engineering activity.
• Have proven experience of servicing and repairing vehicles
• A motivated team-player, you will also be a good communicator, with a flexible approach to your hours of work
• You will actively promote high standards in all aspects of the engineering facilities including vehicle safety maintenance, inspection, work quality and vehicle cleanliness
• Familiarity with Department of Transport / VOSA standards is also desirable.
In return, we offer:
• A competitive salary c£28,500 + 15% Disturbance allowance & 13% shift allowance
• All travel and accommodation will be paid
• Excellent career prospects
• Company pension scheme
• Free bus travel for yourself, your partner and eligible children
• Plus all the other benefits of working for one of Europe’s largest transport providers
Stagecoach Manchester has six depots, a fleet of 800 vehicles, more than 2200 staff, including over 2000 drivers and operational staff, and is the largest Stagecoach UK Bus Company outside London, carrying 112 million passengers annually.
Stagecoach operates in a very challenging commercial and operating environment; reporting to the Managing Director, the Operations Director has responsibility for the highest standards of service delivery and compliance with budget and KPI targets.
Applicants should have a successful record of operations management at company or depot level, together with the relevant qualifications.
An exciting opportunity has arisen due to the expansion of our organisation for a highly motivated individual to join Stagecoach Manchester as a Workshop Manager at one of our busy depots, operating a mixed fleet of over 190 vehicles.
This opportunity offers a real challenge and a chance to demonstrate a proven ability to manage a quality engineering function within a progressive public transport organisation.
As well as possessing an appropriate engineering qualification and relevant workshop management or supervisory experience, the successful candidate will also have the ability to communicate effectively at all levels, whilst working to the highest standards of vehicle presentation, within strict health and safety guidelines, the ability to control costs within budget is also an essential requirement, in return we offer a competitive salary, dependant on experience, plus benefits.
WJF Technical Support Limited are a premium engineering support company fulfilling contracts nationally in the UK and abroad. We work currently in the bus, HGV and military sectors and hold a strong reputation as a responsible employer in the engineering field.
We are currently looking for highly experienced and skilled PSV mechanics for contracts across the UK.
Successful candidates will ideally have served a recognised apprenticeship and have at least five years experience beyond that. Working in a busy environment, applicants will be safety conscious and will be expected to demonstrate a high degree of mechanical knowledge on a variety of vehicles.
Working hours will be approx. 40 per week on either a normal day shift or possible late shift with hourly rates adjusted to suit where applicable.
Evidence of formal training essential.
Good rates of pay available for qualifying candidates.
Maintain PSV/PCV’s and diesel equipment by completing inspections and preventative maintenance requirements; correcting vehicle deficiencies; making adjustments and alignments; keeping records.
* Determine vehicle condition by conducting inspections and diagnostic tests; identifying worn and damaged parts.
* Keep equipment available for use by completing preventive maintenance schedules; installing component and part upgrades.
* Correct vehicle deficiencies by removing, repairing, adjusting, overhauling, assembling, disassembling, and replacing major assemblies, sub-assemblies, components, parts, or systems, such as fuel, emission, brake, steering and hydraulics.
* Verify vehicle performance by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems.
* Comply with legal vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety, and combustion control standards.
* Maintain vehicle records by annotating services and repairs.
* Enhance maintenance department and organisation reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Mechanical Inspection, Technical Understanding, Attention to Detail, Dependability, Thoroughness, Verbal Communication, Documentation Skills, Job Knowledge